Job Posting – Quality Control Manager – Fenton, MO.
Rug Doctor, Inc. is an industry leader, providing a consumer service to our customers throughout the United States, and we are currently seeking a Quality Control Manager. Customers in our industry include grocery, drug and other consumer driven stores.
This individual must possess experience and broad industry background in manufacturing and quality control of consumer goods. Must have strategic planning and decision-making skills in order to optimize short and long term volume, identify areas for improvement and profit performance for the company’s key brands, while demonstrating our business value and success of the Quality Control department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Evaluates and reviews effectiveness of inspection procedures and techniques, inspection equipment, gauging devices, test sets, etc. and makes recommendations regarding improvements of methods and equipment to simplify, expedite, and reduce inspection costs.
· Through delegation of authority and assignment of responsibilities to subordinates, maintains quality standards as prescribed by technical support for receiving, in-process, and final inspection.
· Evaluates and approves or rejects all first articles from new vendors. Maintains related records and actively participates in the vendor evaluation program.
· Maintains a firm but harmonious relationship with production while implementing corrective measures and procedures on defective parts, components, or assemblies.
· Coordinates vendor and in-house scrap cost reduction and reporting activities.
· Instructs inspection personnel in the care and use of inspection equipment and trains assigned personnel in the use of quality procedures.
· Controls calibration of test equipment and maintains related records.
· Devises, develops, and directs specific programs and reports needed to insure the maintenance of quality levels in accordance with established specifications.
· Plans and directs all related work activities for department employees. Develops, motivates, evaluates, and disciplines employees as needed.
· Familiarity and experience with 5-S Lean practices is preferable.
· Handles related duties and projects as needed or as assigned by Manager.
· Degree in related field preferred
· Minimum 5 years of industrial quality control experience required including at least 2 years at the Management level.
· Must have strong oral and written communication skills
· Computer literate – Microsoft Office, JDE.
· Ability to lift 50-70 pounds.
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit resume, along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you.