Siemens Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier electronic manufacturing supplier in the region specializing in the manufacturing of printed circuit board assemblies. We are family owned and operated located in the Metro East area of St. Louis. Our company is growing and we are looking to expand our team.
This person has full responsibility for ensuring the quality system at the Freeburg, IL site, is maintained consistent with the overarching company Quality Management System. The position is responsible for all customer, production, and supplier quality issues impacting the Freeburg, IL site. This entails coordination with Customer Service, Production, and Purchasing departments and the Quality Manager. The position ensures the site maintains ISO compliance while working with the Quality Manager.
The Quality Engineer would also work proactively on continuous improvement projects at the Freeburg site in coordination with the Director of Continuous Improvement.
The Quality Engineer role requires the individual to work a minimum of 40-50 hours per week and additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and effectively address unplanned quality issues, which arise, in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in development, implementation, monitoring, and effecting corrective actions of key metrics for your assigned area of performance and ensure ISO 9001 compliance on site
• Lead, manage and drive corrective actions and continuous improvements within assigned facility of our manufacturing operations and suppliers for that facility.
• Work effectively with cross functional teams, Siemens Management, and Customers to get positive results and bring closure to quality issues.
• Lead and implement Lean Manufacturing tools & techniques (workshops, kan-ban, visual management, 5S, total productive maintenance, set-up reduction, etc.)
• Oversee and conduct quality inspections of incoming raw materials to include assisting with physical measurements, phasescope readings, and raw pcb cross-sectioning.
• Facilitate resolution any quality related issues at incoming inspection
• Coordinate with Production to resolve any production quality issues using customer requirements, IPC 610 and IPC 620 standards.
• Implement and maintain process controls through advanced quality planning techniques (FMEA, key characteristics management, mistake proofing, etc.)
• Complete Root Cause analysis and implement Corrective Actions using formal problem solving techniques including Lean Six Sigma tools.
• Complete PPAP, FAIR, First Article and other various customer and internal quality documentation and ensure appropriate storage of such documents for future reference and retrieval.
• Provide status of ongoing issues, projects and communicate progress through written reports and regular quality meetings assigned or scheduled.
• Travel to suppliers or other Siemens facility to assist in resolving quality issues or assessment of capabilities as required.
• Five (5)+ years experience in a manufacturing Quality Assurance role
• BS degree in Quality, Engineering or other related field
• CQE or other related quality certification
• ISO Internal Auditor certification desired
• Six Sigma green-belt Certification (preferably ASQ or equivalent may be considered)
• Customer and Quality focused with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Self-starter with ability to use own initiative to ensure company quality standards are maintain and culture of Continuous Improvement re-enforced.
• Skilled at team building and demonstrated experience in effectively working with cross functional teams, within/outside the organization, including the ability and desire to work with a diverse group of people.
• Solid understanding of Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical), principles with ability read and interpret drawings including dimensional and electrical tolerances.
• Ability to implement and monitor process controls to ensure actual productions is maintained within the specified tolerance limits.
• Ability to Collect and analyze data statistically to solve problems and proactively make recommendations for improvements
• Lean Manufacturing and 6S experience
• Lean Six Sigma experience to include designing and executing Design of Experiments
• Accomplished in MS Word and Excel, as well as a working knowledge of PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, & Minitab.
• Color Vision
• Proven ability to collect the right data, analyze data using statistics, and implement improvements and corrective actions based on data
• Ability to analyze, challenge, and change process, as needed, to create a more efficient, more positive environment and culture
• Honesty, integrity, and a strong desire to succeed and establishing high standards for direct reports and peers, including interacting with others in a respectful and professional manner.
• Creative problem solving skills
• Proven ability to recognize opportunities and to improve quality
• Able to work on very tight timelines while maintaining excellent attention to detail
For position consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary requirements/history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that no relocation package is available for this position.