LC Meeting Minutes April 9, 2013

ASQ SECTION 1304- Saint Louis

Minutes of April 9, 2013 LC Meeting

Location– Yacovellis– 407 Dunn Rd, Florissant, MO 63031

Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 6:18 pm.

Participants: Officers and LC members: Rod Toro, Gail Keefe, Denise Arthur, Katarina Gowan, Tony Indehar, Randy Thompson, Kunita Gear, Jim Ebone. Kim Rochetti, Mark LeClair,

A quorum was present.

Business:

Approval of the Minutes: The March 12, 2013 LC meeting minutes were reviewed an approved.

HQ News: N/A

Officers’ Reports:

QMP Goals: (Denise Arthur – Vice-Chair): Denise presented QMP results. Attendance at previous membership meeting was 76 (YTD836). Still need a half day workshop (to be remedied in June).

Treasurer Report – Qtrly, Monthly status (Katarina G-Treasurer):

February statement total: $ 64,831 (checking and MM balance) as of 4/9/13.

MM Balance: $57,501

Checking Balance: $7,331.47

Pending requests: $172 Quality Council of Indiana (CQA instructor)

$24.15 wal-mart supplies for Treasurer (binder, labels,)

$1858.90 Dave & Busters

2 @ $ 399 refund for cancelled CSSGB class

Previous minutes’s action items unresolved (Gail K- Secretary):

No Report

Board Reports:

Education Jesse will be resigning in July but has indicated he will assist with the transition. We will be needing a new Education Chair.

Status of classes –

CSSGB class was cancelled. We only had 2 people sign up despite the numerous solicitations.

CQE, we are currently having the class, there are only 3 people in the class.

CQA class is scheduled to begin on Thursday, (a big THANK YOU to Cynthia Duhigg, aka Cindy) who volunteered to teach the course at the last hour for us. We have 4 people signed up for the class

CQIA, it looks like this class will be cancelled due to lack of interest.

Certification No Report.

Recertifications – Kunita G.- Nothing new to report. Things OK.

Membership – No report.

Arrangements

The April membership meeting will be held at Yacavelli’s on April 16th.

The May membership meeting will be at the Engineer’s Club on May 21. Pre-Dinner: SEED Presentation and Dancing Exhibition; Key Speaker: Leah C. Lorendo, Ph.D., CCC-SLP

There will be a workshop tentatively set for June 8, Kim Rochetti will give a workshop on how to convert into the Health Care Industry.

News letter – No report.

Social Networking- No report.

Standing Committee Reports:

None

Special Orders (special topics that the chair wants to bring up): Rod indicated that he would send out an email blast that our Chapter Website is up and running. Mark L will be adding Job postings to our website so any one who has job postings should forward to Mark.

Unfinished Business:

ASQ conference: Rod gave an update on the travel arrangements.

Motion: Katarina made a motion that the room and board be paid for those leadership committee members who are attending the conference. The motion carried.

Workshops: Kim Rochetti will do a workshop on June 8th on Converting to the Healthcare Industry.

New Business:

In the next few LC meetings we will be transitioning to the new officers. The June LC meeting (June 11) will be training for the new officers.

Tableau, a software by Data Visualization, was discussed for possible use in managing membership data. It will be discussed further in September.

The May membership meeting will be held May 21 at the Engineer’s Club.

Other: N/A

Announcements: Next LC meeting will be 2nd Tues of month May 14 , location Yacovellis.

Adjournment:

Motion: A motion to adjourn was made by Jim E. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.

LC Meeting Minutes March 12, 2013

ASQ SECTION 1304- Saint Louis

Minutes of March 12, 2013 LC Meeting

Location—Yacovelli’s– 407 Dunn Rd, Florissant, MO 63031

Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 6 pm.

Participants: Officers and LC members: Rod Toro, Gail Keefe, Denise Arthur, Katarina Gowan, John O’Reilly, Jesse Stevenson, Eric Schellenberg, Tony Indehar, Randy Thompson, Kunita Gear, Steve Mundwiller, Jim Ebone.

Guests: Marc Leclair

A quorum was present.

Business:

Approval of the Minutes: The February 12, 2013 LC meeting minutes were reviewed.

Motion: Tony made a motion to approve the minutes. Jim seconded the motion. The motion carried and the minutes were approved.

HQ News: Rod T reported that the price for students to attend the ASQ conference is $195 per person which will impact their ability to attend.

Officers’ Reports:

QMP Goals: (Denise Arthur – Vice-Chair): Denise presented QMP results. Meeting attendance and Total membership are above target. We still need a workshop or factory tour before the end of June.

Metric

2012/2013 Goal

Ave/Total

12-Sep

12-Oct

12-Nov

12-Dec

13-Jan

13-Feb

13-Mar

Member Certification

75 New Certifications

67

 

24

 

43

     

Meeting Attendance

60 Attendees

84

110

59

N/A

57

110

111

 

Total Membership Section 1304

750 Members

818

809

808

807

806

818

842

838

Exam Pass Rate

80% Students Pass

83%

 

100%

 

Approx 67%

     

New Member Retention Rate

80% Renew in 2013

46%

25%

39%

75%

57%

60%

58%

 

Half-Day Workshop/Factory tours

3 Offerings

2

1

 

1

       

Submit Minimum Requirement Goals on time

100% Required Documents

100%

 

100%

     

100%

 

Activities posted for sign up on website

90% average of all Activities posted for members to sign up

40%

0%

0%

100%

100%

50%

100%

100%

Treasurer Report – Qtrly, Monthly status (Katarina G-Treasurer):

February statement total: $69, 119.89 (checking and MM balance) as of 3/12/13. There are 2 pending check requests and 2 outstanding checks.

MM Balance: $62,494.80

Checking Balance: $6,625.09

Previous minutes’ action items unresolved (Gail K- Secretary):

Action: Rod has begun conducting a 3 part workshop on Tools for Continuous Improvement and Effective Planning” at our ASQ membership meetings which will total a half day workshop when complete. Can that count toward the half day workshop goal on our QMP goals?

Status: Denise said that it wouldn’t count toward the goal because it is part of the membership meeting so that it is already accounted for, so we just need another workshop or factory tour. See notes below about Anheuser Busch tour below.

Action: Eric will provide the percentages on exam Pass rate.

Status: TBD

Action: Implement form to be used by instructors which give detailed dates and hours of their course.

Status: Jesse reported that this is done.

Board Reports:

Nominating CommitteeTony led a discussion concerning nominations for next year officers. No new people have been added to the slate of nominees. There was also a discussion about who will serve as officer during the period from July 1 through Dec 31, 2013.

Motion Gail made a motion which was seconded by Tony that those who will be the newly elected officers in April (serving from Jan –Dec 2014) will also serve in the interim period from July1 2013 through Dec 2013. The motion carried.

Education Jesse reported that the Green Belt, CQE, and CQIA classes are ready (i.e. instructors and locations identified). We still need CQA instructor for class.

Certification Eric reported that for March exams 31 people were signed up, and there were 4 no shows, He also got the proctors he needed for the exam.

Recertifications – Kunita G.- Nothing new to report.

Membership – John proposed having a free meeting in both March and April for those who certified this past year.

Arrangements – Tony reported on arrangements. The March membership meeting will be at Dave and Busters next week. So far 70 have signed up. Fred Miller will have a presentation and the awards will be given. The location for the April meeting was discussed. Tony will check on price for Botanical Garden. If it is too expensive or not available, the April meeting will be held at Yacovelli’s.

News letter – No report.

Social Networking- No report.

Standing Committee Reports:

None

Special Orders (special topics that the chair wants to bring up): N/A

Unfinished Business:

Historian: Steve M reported on Historical records. He proposed that if former chairs or committee members would send records of relevant documents in their time, it would help fill out records. He would like to set up a table of pivotal people or events.

ASQ conference: Rod has booked a van for May 4th for the leadership conference that can hold 7 people. He wants 6 other people to sign up at ASQ website.

He has also reserved a bus for May 6, 7, 8 for the ASQ conference. So far no one signed up. The deadline for signing up is April 5. He needs 15 people to sign up.

Workshops: We need one more half day workshop or factory Tour by June 30.

Action: Cindy will contact Anheuser Busch factory tour in June.

New Business:

The next membership meeting will be held at Dave and Busters on March 19.

Scholarship winners: 15 people turned in applications. 2 had parents who are not current members. 3 winners were selected by random drawing. (Alexander Samuels, Christopher Hyland, Alex Giovani).

Other: N/A

Announcements: Next LC meeting will be 2nd Tues of month April 9, location Yacovelli’s.

Adjournment:

Motion: A motion to adjourn was made by Gail and seconded by Jim. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned at 7:48 pm.

 

Gail Keefe, Secretary Rod Toro, Chair

LC Meeting Minutes February 12, 2013

ASQ SECTION 1304- Saint Louis

Minutes of February 12, 2013 LC Meeting

Location–   Yacovellis– 407 Dunn Rd, Florissant, MO 63031

 Call to order:             The meeting was called to order at 6 pm.   

 Participants:              Officers and LC members:  Rod Toro, Gail Keefe,, Randy Thompson, Jesse Stevenson, Jim Ebone, Katarina Gowan, John O’Reilly, Tony Indehar,

Guests: Mark LeClair, Cindy Duhigg.

 A quorum was present.

Business:

 Approval of the Minutes:    

 The January 8, 2013 LC meeting minutes were reviewed. 

 Motion:  Jim E. moved to approve the minutes, Katarina G. seconded the motion.  The motion carried and the minutes were approved.

 Rod introduced members to Mark LeClair.

 HQ News:  Rod T. provided information on Member Leader Events (May 4, 5, 6. in Indianapolis).  He also reported the fact that ASQ has changed their calendar year, so we have to figure out how to cover the LC roles in the period between June and December.  The elections for Jan thru Dec will take place in April but we also need to cover the period June through December of 2013. 

 We discussed appointing the people who are currently in elected LC positions to cover the transition between Jan and December and also discussed having the people who are elected to LC positions in April cover the positions from June through December. The discussion will continue at the next meeting.

 Mark LeClair was appointed to review our website.

 Officers’ Reports:    

 QMP Goals: (Denise Arthur – Vice-Chair):  Rod T. presented QMP results for the Vice Chair.  Meeting attendance and Total membership are above target.

 Action:  Rod has begun conducting a 3 part workshop on Tools for Continuous Improvement and Effective Planning” at our ASQ membership meetings which will total a half day workshop when complete.  The first part was done at the January membership meeting so that should be added to the QMP spreadsheet.

Treasurer Report – Qtrly, Monthly status (Katarina G-Treasurer.):    

January statement total: $68, 811.82 (checking and MM balance).

 MM Balance:                                      $62,489.05                             

 Checking Balance:                              $6,322.77

 Previous minutes’s action items unresolved (Gail K- Secretary.):

Action:  Randy T. will conduct the audit before the February meeting.  Due Feb 15.

Status: Complete.

Action:  Tony I. will present proposed slate of officers for LC by Feb 12.

Status:  The proposed slate of officers is below.

Denise Arthur – Chairman

Cindy Duhigg – Secretary,

Katarina Gowan – Treasurer

Rod Toro – Vice Chair.

We would like to have a chair-elect

Action:  Gail K. will contact a possible nominee about being secretary next year.

Status:  Complete.  Cindy Duhigg

Action:  Jesse will contact the treasure to reimburse the person who had signed up for the cancelled class.

Status:  Complete

Action: Tony will find out if the Science Center is available for March. 

Status:  Complete.  Cost $2200 plus $35 per head.   Decided to use Dave and Busters again for March meeting. Tony will check on its availability.

Action: Tony will check availability and cost of Botanical Garden for April.  An alternate plan for April is possibly having a joint supply chain management group meeting at SLU or Wash U.

Status:  Open action to be discussed at the next meeting.

Action:  Tony will announce nominations for scholarships at the next membership meeting. There will be 3 scholarships.

Status:  Complete.  Tony said there really isn’t anything to announce yet.

Action:  Eric will give Tony and John the list of people who passed certifications in the last year.

Status:  Open action to be discussed at the next meeting.

Action:  Tony will present the types of awards

Status:  Complete -Kaufman, Vezeau, Volunteer, Step above, and Scholarships. 

Motion:  Rod will pass out awards at the award banquet.    John moved to approve.  The motion carried.

Board Reports:

Nominating Committee – Nominations were discussed above during open actions from last meeting.

Education –Jesse S. reported that CTQ/CQI and Blackbelt classes are going on right now.  He is soliciting Green Belt and CMQ/OE instructors. 

Jesse also reported that the College of Engineering at SIU Carbondale in has a Masters Degree Quality Engineering and management.  He said they will need a lean 6 sigma speaker for conference at SIU Carbondale. Rod suggested Kim or himself for that.

Certification – Eric reported by email that 43 people had passed the December exams.  14 of those had taken refresher courses.

Action:  Eric will provide the percentages.

Recertifications – Kunita G.- No report

Membership – John O. reported that in order to stimulate membership growth, we are offering one free membership meeting to new members and we are inviting individuals with new certifications to the Banquet meeting in March for free.

Arrangements – Tony I. Reported on above during discussion of open actions from last meeting.

News letter – No report.

Social Networking- Alecia.   No report.

Standing Committee Reports:   None

Special Orders (special topics that the chair wants to bring up):  N/A

Unfinished

Business:                   

Audit:  Randy reported on the Feb 6 audit he had conducted. Randy evaluated check requests and statements.  He also verified the spreadsheet for ASQ national.  Only minor discrepancies were found. (box not checked, missing date).  Those have been corrected. He didn’t see any unbudgeted discrepancies.  There were no findings. 

One suggestion:  Instructors need a form with hours and date submitted.

Action:  Implement form to be used by instructors which give detailed dates and hours of their course.

Rod T.  reported that an instructor had asked if it would be possible to receive pay in 2 installments.  (Upfront and halfway as opposed to after the 6 week course is ended).  The LC discussed and concluded that it cannot pay instructors up front for services that have not yet been rendered and it would be difficult to manage making a payment at the halfway point.  However, they will try to pay quickly after the course is concluded.

New Business:

The next membership meeting will be held at Sybergs on February 19.

Rod also reported that he wants to support ASQ world conference using chapter funds to provide bus and van transportation to the conference.

Motion:  Gail  made a motion for The ASQ St. Louis Chapter to pay for a bus and a van not exceeding $3000 for a minimum of 15 people to attend ASQ’s Leader Event (May 4 and 5) and World Conference (May 6, 7,  8) in Indianapolis. John O. 2nded the motion.  The motion carried.

Other:   N/A

Announcements:       Next LC meeting will be 2nd Tues of month March 12, location Yacovellis.

Adjournment:           

Motion:  A motion to adjourn was made by Gail and seconded by Katarina.  The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned at 8 pm.

Appended to the Minutes:  Shortly after the meeting, while a quorum was still present (i.e. Rod Toro, Randy Thompson, Jesse Stevenson, Jim Ebone, Katarina Gowan, John O’Reilly, Tony Indehar), there was discussion of possible topics for a talk by Steve Flick.  Possible topics were:  

  • Evaluate to Motivate (how to lead)
  • Mentoring
  • Take the Terror out of a Talk
  • Delegate to Empower (how to lead)
  • Developing a Mission
  • Be a Visionary Leader

 The group, by voice vote selected Delegate to Empower (how to lead) as a topic that might have the greatest appeal.

____________________                                                       ____________________

Gail Keefe, Secretary                                                                          Rod Toro, Chair

Approved on:____3/12/13________________                                           _______________

(Secretary’s initials)

 

LC Meeting Minutes ASQ St. Louis 1304 1/8/13

ASQ SECTION 1304- Saint Louis

Minutes of January 08, 2013 LC Meeting

Location–   Yacovellis– 407 Dunn Rd, Florissant, MO 63031

 Call to order:             The meeting was called to order at 6 pm.   

 Participants:              Rod Toro, Gail Keefe, Kim Rochetti,  Kunita Gear, Randy Thompson, Jesse Stevenson, Jim Ebone, Tony Indihar,  Linh Dye. 

 Business:

 Approval of the Minutes:    

The December 11, 2012 meeting minutes were reviewed. 

 Motion:  Randy Thompson moved to approve the minutes, Tony Indihar seconded the motion.  The motion carried and the minutes were approved.

 HQ News:  Rod T. reported that the 1099s were submitted Jan 8.

 Action:  Randy T. will conduct the audit before the February meeting.  Due Feb 15.

 Officers’ Reports:    

 QMP Goals: (Denise Arthur – Vice-Chair):  Rod T. presented QMP results for the Vice Chair. Attendance was better than target.  We need one more half day workshop to meet goal.

Metric 2012/2013 Goal Ave/Total Sep-12 Oct-12 Nov-12 Dec-12 Jan-13
Member Certification 75 New Certifications 24   24      
Meeting Attendance 60 Attendees 75 110 59 N/A 57  
Total Membership Section 1304 750 Members 807.5 809 808 807 806  
Exam Pass Rate 80% Students Pass 100%   100%      
New Member Retention Rate 80% Renew in 2013 39% 25% 39% 75% 29%  
Half-Day Workshop/Factory tours 3 Offerings 2 1   1    
Submit Minimum Requirement Goals on time 100% 100%   100%      
Activities posted for sign up on website 90%average of all  Activities posted for members to sign up 31% 0% 0% 100% 100% 50%

 Treasurer Report – Qtrly, Monthly status (Katarina G-Treasurer.):  Rod T presented results for Katarina.  December statement total: $72,894.82 (checking and MM balance).

 MM Balance:                                      $62,482.17                             

 Checking Balance:                              $10,412.65

 Previous minutes’s action items unresolved (Gail K- Secretary.):

            Schedule Workshop/Factory tour or workshop- Still needs to be done; discussed below.

            Add Randy to member leaders – Done.

            Uncashed check- It has been cashed.

            Check requests for Fedex and Internet Charges- Done by Treasurer per Rod.

            Order memory joggers for meetings – Done.

            Schedule workshop on value stream mapping – Instructor not available.

            What other sections are paying their instructors – Discussed below.

            Impact of raising pay for instructors – Discussed below.

            Linh to receive copy of Articulate tutorial – Still needs to be done.

Asking for Linh Dye to help with training on Word Press – Done.  Lin attended this meeting and worked with individuals.  She has also set up individual training on Word Press.

 Board Reports:

 Nominating Committee – The group discussed nominations for next year’s LC officers.

 Action:  Tony I. will present proposed slate of officers for LC by Feb 12.

Action:  Gail K. will contact a possible nominee about being secretary next year.

Education –Jesse S. reported that one instructor cancelled and so the class cancelled.  There has been one person signed up.

 Action:  Jesse will contact the treasure to reimburse the person who had signed up for the

canceled class.

 Jesse also reported that 8 people signed up for CQT/CQI course.

He reported that he needs instructors for CQM/OE and for the Green Belt class. Kim, Rod, and Jesse agreed to be available as instructors for Green Belt.

Only 2 people signed up for the Black Belt course so it may have to be canceled.

 Certification – Eric    No report.

 Recertifications – Kunita G. has been reviewing recertification journals for recertification. She had to advise on submitter that they had 2 hours to get to the post office

 Membership – John O.  No report.

 Arrangements – Tony I. reported that he needs a place for the February meeting.  Tony will send out a list of options.  

 Action: Tony will find out if the Science Center is available for March. 

Action: Tony will also check availability of Botanical Garden for April.  An alternate plan for April is possibly having a joint supply chain management group meeting at SLU or Wash U.

 News letter – No report.

 Social Networking- Alecia.   No report.

Standing Committee Reports:

 None

 Special Orders (special topics that the chair wants to bring up):  N/A

 Unfinished Business:                   

 Rob H. sent note to the LC that he had checked what other sections are offering as courses and what they usually pay for instructors.  He said that the standard pay is about $35-$45/hr for instructors.  No refresher courses are usually offered. 

 Motion:  Jim E. moved to raise our standard chapter pay for instructors by $5/hr starting on July 1. The motion was seconded by Jesse S. The motion carried.

 The group also discussed that we still need half day workshop to meet our QMP goals.    One suggestion was to ask Fred Miller to speak briefly at March meeting and then ask him do a workshop on public speaking and networking on another date.   Kim R. also said she might be available to do a workshop on career planning at some point.

 New Business:

At the next membership meeting, Rod T. will announce that memorial donations can be made to the leukemia fund.

 Randy Thompson will be co-leading the next membership meeting in case Rod T. doesn’t get to the meeting in time from an appointment.

 100 memory joggers II, 10 black belt books have been purchased for $1500.  These will be used at the next several membership meeting workshops and will also be offered for sale.

 Motion:  Jim E. moved to sell memory joggers II for $10, Jesse seconded the motion.  The motion carried.

 The awards banquet was also discussed.

 Action:  Tony will announce nominations for scholarships at the next membership meeting. There will be 3 scholarships.

Action:  Eric will give Tony the list of people who passed certifications in the last year.

Action:  Tony will present the types of awards

Other:   Linh has set up training for us on Word Press on weekly basis.

 Announcements:       Next LC meeting will be 2nd Tues of month February 12, location Yacovellis.

 Adjournment:           

 Motion:  A motion to adjourn was made by Randy T. and seconded by Tony I.  The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned at 7: 40 pm.

 ____________________                                                       ____________________

Gail Keefe, Secretary                                                                          Rod Toro, Chair

Approved on:_____2/12/13_______________                                           _______________

(Secretary’s initials)

 

LC Meeting Minutes 12/11/12

ASQ SECTION 1304- Saint Louis

Minutes of December 11, 2012 LC Meeting

Location–   Yacovellis– 407 Dunn Rd, Florissant, MO 63031

 Call to order:             The meeting was called to order at 6:05 pm   

 Participants:              Rod Toro, Gail Keefe, Katarina Gowin, Kim Rochetti,  Kunita Gear, Randy Thompson, Jesse Stevenson, Denise Arthur, Jim Ebone, Tony Indihar, Britanny Hagedorn.

 Business:

 Approval of the Minutes:    

The November 27, 2012 meeting minutes were reviewed.  Randy T.  moved to approve the minutes, Katarina G. seconded the motion.  The motion carried and the minutes were approved.

 HQ News:

Rod T. presented the HQ news. ASQ membership dues are going up by $4.00 per year.    

Rod also distributed a graph showing ASQ membership renewal rate for the last 5 yrs.  It is holding pretty steady at about 75%. 

He also distributed the information about activities that give Recertification units (RUs are only available if you are already certified).

He also distributed the report for our region.  Shows everything is up to date.  Next item due is 1/8/13 Financial report.

 Action:  Add Randy to member leaders –Responsible: Rod T.

 Officers’ Reports:    

 Denise Arthur – Vice-Chair (QMP Goals):

Meeting attendance:  57

Total membership paid: 806

Exam pass rate- no results yet

New member retention December – 29% preliminary

November new member retention rate:  75%

Half day workshops- no new ones. 

Activities posted on time:  100%

 Action:  Need to schedule a workshop or factory tour.

 Katarina – Treasurer (Qtrly, Monthly status):

Checking account balance $11604.08

Savings account balance: $62,474.23

One check outstanding check.

Need Fedex check request.

Internet charge (automatic deduction) needs check request.

 Action:  Kunita needs to cash the check

Action:  Need check requests for Fedex and Internet charge – the treasurer will create the check request for the internet charge.

 Gail Keefe- Secretary (Previous minutes’ action items unresolved): An uncashed check discussed above, and need Feb/Mar/Apr speakers for membership meetings to be discussed below.  Email list was finalized and set out to the LC members.

 Board Reports:

 Education – Jesse reported that he is finding a room for a class 1/10/13 CQT/CQI- Steve Hyland and then he’ll post.  Jesse passed out a disk that had a tutorial for task for being education chair.

 Certification – Eric:  Not here

 Recert- Kunita reported that people aren’t always turning in the proper documentation which requires intervention.   People are also not aware that electronic media doesn’t give much RU credit.  She also reported that the price has changed for recertification.  People should go to the website for the most recent form so that they are aware of the price change.

 Membership – John O.  Not here

 Arrangements – Tony reported that the  January membership meeting will be at Favazza’s on Jan 15.   We also discussed briefly future meetings (i.e. Need speakers for Feb, Mar, April.   Possibly have the awards meeting at the science center (should help meeting attendance)).

 News letter – No report.

 Social Networking- Alecia.  Not here

 Standing Committee Reports:

 None

 Special Orders (special topics that the chair wants to bring up):  Britanny attended the LC meeting as a special guest and potential new volunteer.  People introduced themselves. We discussed various open roles on the leadership committee.

 Unfinished Business:                   

 Membership Meetings- Feb thru April:   The LC worked on finalizing plans for the future meetings.

 January 15th- John Dimario is the speaker and Rod T will do a workshop covering a section in the memory Jogger.

 Feb 19th- Kim R will speak in February (instead of January as discussed last month) and  Rod will do another workshop covering another section in the memory Jogger.

 March- Awards banquet (might be at the science center).

 April- Steve Flick will be the speaker, Rod will do another workshop covering another section in the memory jogger.

 May- Discussed the possibility of asking Amy to do a workshop on value stream mapping at this meeting or some other meeting.

 Action:  Rod will order the memory Joggers.

Action:  Kim will ask Amy to do a workshop on value stream mapping.

 New Business:

Rod distributed  information on the proper way to make a motion to the LC.

The LC discussed the possibility of raising the hourly pay for instructors of certification prep classes.

 Motion:  Kunita made a motion to verify the hourly rate that is standard for our region (bench mark against other ASQ sections) and assess the impact of changing to that rate . The motion was amended that the decision and impacts will be for all instructors, not just one.   Katarina 2nded the motion. Motion carries.

 Action:  Kim will check with Rob about other sections are paying.

 Action:  Jesse will look at the impact of raising the pay per hour. (i.e. Overall cost increase, minimum number of students necessary to defray the cost,   What would the cost per class need to be?)

 Other:  The LC discussed open committee chairs and also the need for more web assistance for inexperienced users of Word Press.

 Action:  Jesse will give Linh a copy of his Articulate tutorial for Education chair so that possibly she could develop a tutorial for the web duties.  He will also let her know we’re needing assistance on the website. And maybe she can recommend who can provide support.

Action:  Rod will announce at next membership meeting that we need a web support volunteer.

 Announcements:       Next LC meeting will be 2nd Tues of month January 8, location Yacovelli.

 Adjournment:           

Motion: A motion to adjourn was made by Tony and seconded by Kat.  The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned at 8:05 pm.

____________________                                                       ____________________

Gail Keefe, Secretary                                                                          Rod Toro, Chair

Approved on:_____1/8/13_______________                                           _______________

(Secretary’s initials)

 

LC Meeting Minutes November 27, 2012

St. Louis Section 1304

Minutes of November 27, 2012

Edge Wild Restaurant in St. Louis, MO

 

Participants:   Rod Toro- Chair, Gail Keefe-Secretary, Katarina – Finance, Kim Rochetti, Randy Thompson, Jesse Stevenson, Eric Schellenberg, Denise Arthur, Jim Ebone, Rob Herhold, Tony Indihar

 The meeting was called to order at 6:08pm

 Approval of the Minutes:  The October 22, 2012 meeting minutes were reviewed.  Randy Thompson moved to approve the minutes, Tony Indihar seconded the motion.  The motion carried and the minutes were approved.

Committee Reports:

Treasurer report by Katarina

Bank account balances as of /11/27/12

  • Checking account $15,397.52
  • Money Market  $62,466.55

$50 posted from Quality council of Indiana on 11/6

$6,785 worth of checks written for instructors (and one to Engineers club) this past week

 One check outstanding from previous for $45 to Kunita for postage

Action: Kunita needs to process a check from October.  Katarina will contact her.

QMP Measures report was presented by Denise Arthur

Metric Definition 2012/2013 Goal Ave/Total

12-Sep

12-Oct

12-Nov

12-Dec

Member Certification Total section certifications earned 2012 – 2013  75 New Certifications

24

 

24

   
Meeting Attendance Average Meeting Attendance 60 Attendees

85

110

59

N/A  
Total Membership Section 1304 Total Paid Membership 750 Members

808

809

808

807

 
Exam Pass Rate Students completing Section courses 80% Students Pass

100%

 

100%

   
New Member Retention Rate Retain new members that joined from Jan., 2012 to June 30, 2012.  80% Renew in 2013

35%

25%

39%

44%

 
Half-Day Workshop/Factory tours Number of 1/2 day workshops/factory tours offered in 2012 – 2013 3 Offerings

2

1

 

1

 
Submit Minimum Requirement Goals on time Section Dates:  February 15 Financial Audit; May 15 Officer/committee positions; September 1 Completed business plan from previous year; October 1 Business plan and budget.  Quarterly cash reporting 7/20/2012, 10/20/2012, 4/20/2012 100% Required Documents

100%

 

100%

   
Activities posted for sign up on website Activities such as meetings, workshops, classes, conferences, etc posted on website for sign up 4 weeks in advance of scheduled event.  [Pass/Fail] 90% average of all Activities posted for members to sign up

22%

0%

0%

100%

100%

 

Discussed possible actions for the on-time posting goal.  Rod suggested having a central point of contact.  No volunteers at this time.

Certification/Exams (Eric Schellenberg):  October exams pass rate was 64% for those who did not attend Chapter sponsored preparation classes (25 individuals); and the pass rate was 100% for those who did attend chapter sponsored preparation classes (8 individuals). The boost in performance due to the preparation classes was most pronounced for the CSSBB test.

68 people are signed up for exams on Dec 1.

Education (Jesse Stevenson):  Jesse has developed a draft interactive tutorial that shows the duties of the Education Chair, so that whoever has this position will be able to insert a disc and they can go through the tutorial and have a good understanding of the duties of the Education Chair.  This will improve the transitioning process in the future.  The program he is using is called Articulate which is a software tool that is used for instructions on how to do work or follow a process. .

Old Business:

December 4 meeting:  Upcoming December 4 membership meeting discussed by Jim and Tony- 46 people signed up for the meeting so far.  It will be held at the St. Louis Hilton Airport.  There will be a Trivia contest. Questions cover trivia topics including quality trivia. There will be 4 rounds 10 questions each.  Denise Arthur has arranged prizes.  Tony asked if we want a cheese and cracker tray at the December meeting.  The group said yes.

Action:  Need pencils, copies of answer sheets.

Action:  need labels badges and list for the meeting next week.

New Business:

January 15 Membership Meeting:  The meeting will be held at Favazza’s.  John DiMaria will speak after dinner about Cloud Service Providers.   Kim Rochetti will speak before dinner on Deployment of Strategic Operating Systems.

Future meetings:

Action:  We need 2 speakers for March and April meetings.

Other:

Randy Thompson mentioned that the financial audit will be in January.

Tony Indihar will post scholarship options on our web page.

Ed Vallorani resigned as chair-elect.  We are not replacing.

Rob Herhold (regional director) made some suggestions to the LC.  1) When the audit takes place in January, it should confirm that the process is being followed correctly (i.e. non-budgeted expenditures have advance LC approval; payments for services have check requests).  2) The LC should review the job descriptions/responsibilities of the officer positions if they haven’t already to ensure that all are aware of them.  3) Work toward having meetings (LC and membership meetings) that are scheduled at routine times of the month (i.e. same week and day each month) to assist with scheduling.

Eric Schellenberg suggested that if the audit identifies any problems, that the LC should do the sort of root cause analysis and develop corrective actions in the same manner engineers would in other processes.

Email List (Gail Keefe):  The email list for the LC was sent out to members to confirm or correct e-mail addresses.  All have responded and the new email list will be sent out separately.

Adjournment:

A motion to adjourn was made by Tony Indihar and seconded by Jim Ebone.  The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 pm.

 

____________________                                                ____________________

Gail Keefe, Secretary                                                                             Rod Toro, Chair

Approved on:_____12/11/12_______________                                           _______________

(Secretary’s initials)

The next LC Committee meeting will be held 12/11/12; location TBD.  

Note:  Until further notice the LC will meet the 2nd Tuesday of every month. The agenda is a standing agenda which has been used for the past 3 meetings.

 

 

 

 

LC Meeting Minutes October 22, 2012

St. Louis Section 1304

Minutes of October 22, 2012

Drury Inn Restaurant in St. Louis, MO

 Participants:   Rod Toro- Chair, Denise Arthur, Kim Rochetti, Randy Thompson, Kunita Gear, Jesse Stevenson, Eric Schellenberg, Tony Indihar, Linh Dye, Kat Gowins.


Meeting was called to order at 6:07 p.m. by Rod Toro.  A quorum was present.

 The August 13, 2012 meeting minutes were reviewed:  A motion was made to approve the minutes by Tony Indihar and seconded by Eric Schellenberg.   Minutes were approved as written.

 Introduction: LC introduced themselves to new potential leadership member, Alicia Brooks.  She may take care of social media, marketing, etc. 

 Old Business:

None

Financial Report by Treasurer Kat Gowins

 Treasurer’s Notes: Kat Gowins covered the financials to date for 2012.

 Account Information FY11/12:  Checking: $8,337.80, Mutual Fund: $62,456.48.

 Programs

The December Meeting will be trivia night, Jim Ebone will facilitate, categories and the folks that will be finding questions and sending to Jim will be Quality: Gurus (Denise), Tools (Kim), Current Events (Jesse), Stats (Rod), Hodgepodge (Eric).  All questions will be sent to Jim by Nov. 27.  Tony will find a location for the event and Rod will set up 123 for sign up. 

QMP

Doing well on goals except posting activities on the website where we are currently at 13%.  We need one more workshop to make our goal of 3.  QMP and Business plan were submitted on time.   The next due date is Feb. 15 for the audit. 

Action: Rod will contact Jim Hartigan to find our new member retention rate from his ASQ data.

Exams

38 signed up for last exam, with 6 no-shows.  We had signed up: 21 Black Belts, 8 Quality Manager, 3 CQI, 4 CQT, and 1 CRE.  60 are enrolled for the Dec. test so far.  Our goal is 75 certifications for the year and this should be able to be accomplished. 

Trip to Peoria by Denise Arthur

Event:  Nov 9 Caterpillar tour.  Maximum 45 on bus. For the factory tour, the members will pay directly to the SME St. Louis Chapter.  It’s a joint venture with our chapter and their chapter. 

New Business

Herbert McMahon Educational Grant will be put on website.

Program Chair role needs to be filled.  In the interim, volunteers need to help get speaking for Jan. through May. 

Spring Conference has no leader to plan it at the moment.  The options are:

  1. Joint meeting
  2. Postpone until fall
  3. Cancel

No decision made at this time.

Website:

All need to keep updated on a timely basis to improve our QMP goal.  Also, it needs updated with current credit card info. 

 Adjournment

 LC motioned to adjourn and approved.  The meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.

____________________                                                       ____________________

Kim Rochetti for Gail Keefe                                                  Rod Toro

Secretary                                                                                 Chair

Approved on Nov 27, 2012

 ____GAK___________

(Secretary’s initials)

Next LC Nov. 27, 2012    Location TBD     

LC Meeting Minutes August 12, 2012

St. Louis Section 1304

Minutes of August 13, 2012

Granite City Restaurant in St. Louis, MO

 

Participants:   Rod Toro- Chair, Gail Keefe-Secretary, Kim Rochetti, Randy Thompson, John O’Reilly, Jim Hartigan, Jesse Stevenson, Eric Schellenberg, Kunita Gear, Denise Arthur, Jim Ebone, Rob Herhold, Tony Indihar, Steve Mundwiller, Linh Dye

 Meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Rod Toro.  A quorum was present.

 
Members introduced themselves.

 The June 4, 2012 meeting minutes were reviewed:  A motion was made to approve the minutes by Randy Thompson and seconded by Eric Schellenberg.   Minutes were approved as written.

 Old Business:

None

Financial Report by Treasurer Randy Thompson

 Treasurer’s Notes: Randy Thompson covered the financials for the first half of 2012.

 Account Information FY11/12:  Total income $60,600.28. Expenses: $69,229.96.  Net loss: $8,619.58.   The Section1304 balance as of June 30, 2012 was $66, 520.19. 

 Spring Conference:  Revenue was $14,873, Expenses were $16,457.  Net= -$1584

       Action:  Jim Ebone volunteered to audit first 6 months of 2012 financials.

 Programs by Steve Mundwiller

The September Meeting will be at the Engineers Club on the 18th of that month: It will feature steak and open bar.  The speaker, Mike Simms, will be speaking on a new type of Lean manufacturing called Toyota Kata. The other part of meeting will be a structured networking time (speed networking).

In October 11th or 12th, Forest Breyfogle is a potential speaker (at no charge).  A motion was made by Steve Mundwiller that we move the October meeting from Tuesday 16th to Thursday 11th if  Forest  Breyfogle is confirmed to be available on that night.  John O’Reilly 2nded the motion.  The Motion carried.  If this doesn’t work out Steve Mundwiller will arrange a different speaker.

 Jim Ebone suggested giving a gift of the month at the meetings.

Steve Mundwiller suggested combining the November/December meeting and making it the first Tuesday of December at Westport.  He recommends that a fun activity for December meeting be a Trivia night.

2012-2013 Goals by Denise Arthur-John O’Reilly

Below are listed last year goals along with a few notes concerning last year’s performance.  The asterisked goals are those that the members suggested so far as goals for the 2012-2013 year:

 *Total members Section 1304 [Note:  As of July 1, Paid members = 712; unpaid-158]

*Membership Certification

*Meeting Attendance

  Membership Meeting Satisfaction

  Membership retention

*Workshops

 Spring Conference Attendance

 Senior members [Note: 32 new in 2011- through 6/2012]

*Application for a fellow.

 Action:  Rob H. suggested application for Show Me Challenge for improving an organization as a goal. Kim R. will   follow up and get more information.

Action: John O’Reilly will submit results for this past year by end of this month.

Action:  Denise will submit the new plan by October.         

Action: John, Rod, and Denise will finalize list of 2012-2013 goals.

Budget by Rod Toro

Rod Toro presented and the committee reviewed proposed budget below.

Randy moved to accept the budget as presented. Jim Ebone seconded the motion.  Motion carried.

The committee discussed 2 pricing levels for monthly meetings- section members and others.  A motion was made by Denise A. and seconded by John O.   Steve Mundwiller made a motion to table this.  Jim Ebone 2nded that.  The motion to table the discussion carried.  It was decided that we need to study in more detail and will discuss at a later date.

Proposed Trip to Peoria by Denise Arthur

Event:  Nov 9 Caterpillar tour.  Maximum 45 on bus. For the factory tour, the members will pay directly to the SME St. Louis Chapter.  It’s a joint venture with our chapter and their chapter. 

Action:  Put ad on website

Black Belt Project- ASQ Section 1304 Member Retention by Jim Hartigan

Jim went over the preliminary survey results.   A brief summary follows.

Surveys from Long time members

Average number of meetings attended last year =2.59.

Extent that topic and presenters impact decision to attend= score 4.15 out of 5.

Interested in attending via internet=50% yes

What was particularly enjoyed at section meetings= Networking, presentations, RUs.

Surveys from new or unpaid members

Primary reason for going to meeting is certification, learn about quality profession.

Average number of meetings attended last year= 1.41

Primary industry = Pharmaceuticals

Number of certifications = 1.37.

Who pays dues=paid for them by their companies.

About 50% interested in attending via internet

Presenter has less impact on whether they attend.

Reasons for not attending conference or monthly meeting (schedule conflict) 

     Action:  Get more data especially from new members (Jim).

Website by Linh Dye

Linh assisted getting information uploaded to the chapter’s new website.

Date for the new website to go into effect will be August 17, 2012 at the latest.

New Business

Herbert McMahon Educational Grant will be discussed in October.

Around the Table

Jesse Stevenson would like some assistance in transitioning to being in charge of Education but he may need to wait until Ed Vallorani gets back.

Kim has a black belt book and green belt book and brochures that she will give to Jesse.  She also mentioned that there is a person who contacted her who would like to be trained as a greenbelt.  Jesse will contact him.

Rob H. reported SAC special project funds may be available for funding conferences and maybe that would keep us from losing money on conferences.

Eric reported on certification exams. 40 out of 55 passed.  75 signed up.  20 no shows. 

Steve requested volunteers for the September meeting.  He would also like someone to help him on the Programs committee.  He’d like to focus more on the historian role.

Adjournment

Rob H motioned to adjourn, seconded by Randy T and approved.  The meeting was adjourned at 8:20pm.

____________________                                                       ____________________

Gail Keefe                                                                               Rod Toro

Secretary                                                                                 Chair

Approved on __________, 2012

_______________

(Secretary’s initials)

 Next LC October 9, 2012    Location TBD     

LC Meeting Minutes June 4, 2012

St. Louis Section 1304

Minutes of June 4, 2012

Bizmanuals in St. Louis, MO

 

Participants:   Denise Arthur – Secretary, Randy Thompson, Rod Toro, John O’Reilly, Kunita Gear, Gail Keefe, Katarina Gowns, Tony Indihar, Kim Rochetti, Amy Slovacek, Eric Schellenberg, Ed Vallorani

 

Read More»

LC Meeting Minutes April 9, 2012

St. Louis Section 1304

Minutes of April 9, 2012

Meglio’s in St. Louis, MO

 Participants:   Kim Rochetti – Chair, Gail Keefe filling in for Denise Arthur – Secretary, Randy Thompson, Tony Indihar, Ed Vallorani, Rod Toro, John O’Reilly, Jim Ebone, Chris Anderson, Linh Dye, Katrina Gowins.

Read More»
© Copyright ASQ St. Louis Section 1304 - Designed by ASQ St. Louis LC